Friday, February 27, 2009

"I'm on the plane!"

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Now I'm not a fan of budget airlines and I make no apology for that. I like to do my online check-in, have a boarding pass and choose my seat. If I wanted to feel like I was taking the bus somewhere, I'd take the bus, not fly.

And if RyanAir wasn't already a traumatic experience enough, now I'm going to have to put up with booze Britain in the seat next to me, yelling down his mobile about his holiday conquests while I try to stave of DVT by getting some sleep.

We've all known that the safety reasons against using your mobile phone while on a plane are largely fictional (though I appreciate putting it down and listening to the safety briefing is a minimum requirement), but that's not really the point. Who actually wants inflight mobile phone coverage?

Inflight broadband, fair enough (although please block Skype!) ... but making calls? No thanks.

Oh, and while I'm at it ... it costs HOW MUCH? Low cost airline maybe, low cost phone calls they certainly are not.

No comments: